1) All I (really, really) Want is for a love to bring out the best in me and in you too! I am looking for the real thing with a partner and in my career, family, friendships. I’m not one to settle and you shouldn’t be either! You’re worth it!
2) They come for Conversation. I listen and I care, sometimes too much. And I am an open book. I will talk someone’s ear off about a problem because it’s the only way I can sort things out in my own mind. Just call me Miss Honest Extrovert.
3) I don’t Know Where I Stand—Like Joni (and most people, I think) I worry about how other people see me. I spend way too much time thinking about what people think of me. My dad always says, “Who cares what they think? They aren’t paying your bills.” I try to remind myself of that every time I second-guess myself.
4) A Refuge of the Roads is the best kind of refuge. When things get rough all I want is a change of scenery. Even just a walk or a good book can supply the vacation. But I have to get away and give into my wanderlust. In a world like this, escapism is necessary and cleansing!
5) Help Me! I think I’m falling in love again–with people, with music, with writing, with life. I try to fall in love everyday. What I mean is, I try to remember to stay inspired! There’s so much beauty in the world if you look for it.
6) When I go to People’s Parties, I’m that girl who is ” fumbling deaf, dumb, and blind.” This may be partly due to alcohol consumption, but also because I’m awkward (and proud of it!) And I have actually been to a party where someone wore a “lampshade crown.” Cue you being impressed.
7) I have never ridden in a Big Yellow Taxi, but: I don’t know what I’ve got until it’s gone, I am always telling people to put away their DDT and to leave me the birds and the bees, and I’ve watched people I love leave my life. Many times. Not to mention I really want to live in New York, and there are big yellow taxis there. (That’s relevant, right?)
8) The idea of the lonely, ignored musician in For Free always makes me want to cry. Some of the best musicians are unknown! Be that one person watching the singer-songwriter in the rain, you have no idea how much they’ll appreciate it. (Believe me, I’ve been there!)
9) I Dream Flat Tires. I have high expectations for everything and if something doesn’t go how I wished, I’ll have this deflation of elation (internal rhyme, hells yeah!) and my cynicism will kick into overdrive. But I’ve learned that going with the flow puts way less pressure on you and the situation, allowing things to exceed your expectations! (Oh, and five minutes into my last bike ride I ran over a nail. So I literally have a flat tire issue.)
10) My life is a Circle Game, a “carousel of time.” The other day, I ran into a best friend from childhood and it was like nothing had changed. I love bagels, donuts, pizza and basically any food that’s circular. I often talk in circles when I’m embarrassed and/or tired. I believe that what goes around, comes around. And even though I’m almost 21, I still try to approach every day like a “child who went out to wander.”